- Create a Warranty File
- ORGGIT - ESSENTIAL TO ORGANIZING AND SECURING YOUR LIFE PRODUCT REVIEW
- Shredding: What, Why& How
- Records Retention
- Create An Organized Filing System
Tired of searching through files, drawers and closets to find your warranties? It’s time to get them in order. Gather warranties and operation manuals in one place and then choose from one of the following five ways to organize them.
1) File ’em. Organize warranties in hanging file folders inside a file cabinet or box. Divide them by category or by room. Separate the large and small appliances so you don’t have to look through half of the files to find the item you want. If you want to save small extra parts or tools with the warranty, they may fall out of the side of the file folder. Consider one of the following options that will keep them more contained.
2) Clasp ’em. Manila envelopes with clasps keep everything together. Label each envelope so you can quickly flip through them without opening each one. Store in a box, on a shelf or under the bed. It doesn’t matter where you store them. It is important that they are all together and you know where they are.
3) Bind ’em. I love three-ring binders. I use them for everything, but hadn‘t thought of using them for warranties. I got this idea from Real Simple magazine. Buy pocket dividers and label each divider by room. Insert receipts and manuals in the pockets.
4) Seal ’em. Re-sealable plastic bags are another great solution. This idea tops the manila envelopes for visibility and moisture protection. However, some people may prefer the less cluttered look of the manila envelopes.
5) Hide ’em. Keep it with the appliance. I prefer to keep all warranties together. But, Carl my refrigerator salesman suggested keeping everything related to the fridge in a Zip-lock taped to the back of the refrigerator. I guess you wouldn’t
forget where it was!