By Janine Fitzgerald | April 16, 2012
Are you tired of feeling tired? Wish you felt more energized in order to fully accomplish everything on the to-do list? Well, help is just around the corner! Dr Michael Roizen, chief wellness officer at the Cleveland Clinic, has various strategies to put the pep back in your step. And I’ve selected my personal favorites.
We all know that proper sleep is fundamental in order to feel energized. My
1. Various studies show that sniffing lavender oil before bed allows subjects to
get to sleep faster and remain in a deeper sleep. I like to rub some on my
neck and chest.
2. Blue wavelength lights, which are found in light bulbs, televisions, and laptops, interrupt
our production of melatonin, which assists us in sleeping. An hour before
bed, turn off tech gadgets and dim all lights.
There are three more important things that you can easily do to enhance your
3. Get outside! According to a recent Canadian study, desk bound employees
that walked outdoors for 15 minutes showed increased productivity.
4. Drink a little caffeine, particularly from tea which has theanine, an amino
acid that allows you to feel calm yet energized. Aim for no more than 150
mg. per day, and cut yourself off by 2 PM. Coffee is fine, but keep in mind
that a small serving contains about 100 mg.
5. Last, but not least, the other simple component to increased energy…..
you can discover by contacting me.