- Surviving Your Wedding
- Live Band or DJ
- Ways to Cut your Wedding Guest List
- Schedule for Mother of the Bride
- Tips for Perfect Wedding Planning
| Home Organize Your Wedding The Organized Wedding 5 Ways to Cut your Wedding Guest List
Wedding 1015 Ways to Cut your Wedding Guest List
Is your potential guest wish-list a budget-buster? Learn some simple tips to diplomatically purge excess guests from your list.
You've set your wedding budget and booked a reception venue that you can afford. But there's this one little problem: your guest list keeps growing! Your parents insist that you have to invite an old family friend; your co-workers ask if they can bring their boyfriends. And then there's the common etiquette dilemma of 'having' to invite an entire group of people (rather than the few members you really like) because they would be 'offended'.
Don't know what to do? Here are some ways to get your guest list (and the cost of your reception) back under control:
1. Divide your total head count into three: a third to the bride's parents, a third to the groom's parents, and a third to the bride and groom.
2. Trim friends you haven't seen in years. You won't have any chance to really talk during the wedding, anyway.
3. Don't invite co-workers unless they're really your friends (i.e., you go out with them regularly, and would probably be just as close even if any one of you changed jobs) Ask one person out of courtesy, and you'll have to ask all.
4. Discourage guests from bringing kids or dates. A tactful way of doing this is to print seating cards ("we have reserved __ seats for you at Table __") and insert them in the invitations.
5. Switch places. Ask yourself, "Would I be hurt if they didn't invite me to their wedding?" If the answer is no, cut them from your list.
Lesley-Ann Graham runs WeddingTrix.com - a valuable wedding planning resource with articles, tips and advice to help you plan your perfect wedding. Visit Lesley-Ann's wedding forum for more free wedding planning help and advice. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lesley-Ann_Graham