- Cord Management
- Organize your Life
- Easy HomeOffice Organizing
- Work Space Solutions
- Save Time with Your Computer
| Home Organize Your Home The Organized Home Office Organize Your Home Office For Greater Productivity
Home OfficeOrganize Your Home Office For Greater Productivity
Taking time out of your busy schedule to organize your home office will result in a faster and more pleasant workday, increasing productivity in the process
We've all experienced the frustration of searching for items we've misplaced or covered up. That lost time equals lost income. We can't make money while we're looking for the elusive file, book, or set of keys. In a nutshell, being organized equals small business success.
* Keep your family pictures at home. I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I'm stickin' to it. Many people like to keep family pictures on their desk, but I find it distracting. I figure I can love my kids just as much without having their pictures in front of me. That also means I can focus on my work rather than wondering what those kids in the pictures are up to at that moment.
* "A place for everything and everything in its place." That was one of my grandmother's favorite sayings, and it's worked well for me, too. If you have a specific place for your stapler, and you always put it back there after you use it, you won't have to waste valuable time looking for it later.
* Reduce clutter throughout your office. An excess of "stuff" in the office depletes your energy and hinders productivity. Clutter distracts us and demands our attention, even if we're just trying to find our way through the muddled mess. If you need to deal with it later--file it. If you don't need it anymore--toss it. If somebody else can do it--delegate it.
* Tidy up your area at the end of your work day. Whether that's at 5pm or midnight is up to you. The point is, it's nice to return to a clean, organized work area the next morning (or afternoon).
Make time to get organized. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration you'll save by not having to search for files, papers or the stapler. It won't be long before you'll wonder how you ever got along without an organized home office.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=215462&ca=Business+Management