- Don't Get Bit by the Clutterbug
- Create Serenity
- Cut the Clutter, Jump for Joy
- Transforming from Chaos to Calm
- How to Find the Energy To Declutter
| Home Clutter The Organized Zen Create a Sense of Serenity
Creating CalmCreate a Sense of Serenity
With all the chaos in the world, bringing calm and serenity to your home can help soothe frayed nerves. Shift your outlook, make more time for you, and make your surroundings more enjoyable.
There's enough chaos in the world, but you can instead create serenity in your personal world. Here are 7 easy ideas:
1. Get rid of one thing. If the prospect of ridding your entire house of clutter seems to be am impossible feat, make it your goal to get rid of just one thing you don't need each day.
2. Clear the clutter out of your vehicle. Get rid of candy wrappers, soda cans, old papers, magazines and other trash on a daily basis.
3. Eliminate the chaos from your desk. The surface of your desk should be free of all papers and other debris to set the stage for productivity and creative thinking.
4. Wake up earlier. Stop rushing around each day. Wake up earlier so you have enough time to relax with a cup of coffee, to step outside and breathe in the fresh air or to read a chapter in your favorite inspirational book.
5. Dedicate 30 minutes to You.
6. Make your bedroom a restful haven. Every morning, make your bed right after you get up. Remove the piles of paper. Clear off the dresser tops. Put any dirty clothes in the laundry room. Remove the dusty stuff stored under the bed and get rid of anything you no longer need. When you're ready to go to bed at night, you should be able to do so in a peaceful, uncluttered place.
7. Sprinkle in some rewards. Many people agonize just trying to get through their To Do lists. To make your day more fulfilling, while still getting things done, sprinkle rewards throughout your day. For example, take 10 minutes to do something you enjoy after every single task you complete.