- Business Banking Account Checklist
- Home Office Supply Checklist
- Top Ten Promotion Checklist for Business Success
- Choosing an Ergonomic Office Chair Checklist
- Manager's Checklist For Transitioning to a Paperless Office
| Home Tools and Checklists Office Checklists Checklist For a Green Office
Office & Business ChecklistsChecklist For a Green Office
Is your office green? Here are 25 ways to help reduce your company' s environmental impact. By implementing one or more of the following "going green" suggestions, you can make a difference, save your company money and save the environment.
1. Turn off your equipment, computer, printers, scanners, calculator, etc. You can plug them into one power strip and turn it off at the end of the day.
12. Recycle old equipment such as computers, cell phones, pagers and PDAs.
18. If you are responsible for buying lighting, replace any incandescent light bulbs with Energy Star rated light bulbs or fluorescent bulbs.
19. Recycle toner and ink cartridges.
20. Buy re-manufactured toners and printer cartridges.
21. Turn off your screen saver and use hibernate or sleep instead.
22. Install a water filter instead of using bottle water.
23. Ask to be removed from any snail mail distributions you do not read. If you get catalogues, asked to be removed from the list and look use the website to look at their products.
24. If you have a personal printer, set the quality to draft or economy. If you need high quality, you can set it for each individual instance.
25. If feasible, make arrangements to work from home one day a week.