- 10 minute Kitchen Checklist
- 15 minute Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Save Time With a House Cleaning Checklist
- Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Using Checklists for Your Household Cleaning
| Home Tools and Checklists Cleaning Checklists The May Home Maintenance Checklist
Cleaning ChecklistsThe May Home Maintenance Checklist
- 10 Tips For Keeping Your Home Happy This Month. Some tasks only need to be done once or twice a year. The problem is that we forget to do them once or twice a year. Or else, we tend to save it all for spring cleaning which makes spring cleaning such a daunting chore that it doesn't occur, either.
The best plan is to break annual and seasonal tasks down by month and attack them on a scheduled basis. Nothing gets too backed up and things eventually get done. And without a major life overhaul. I also found that concentrating on one room each month is more rewarding because you can really see results.
Here's the schedule that has worked best for me:
1. Al fresco: Clean patio furniture and umbrella.
2. Step on it: Clean doormats - or just buy new ones.
3. Duct calls: Clean ac and/or heating ducts; change filters.
4. Chill: If you have a window unit, make sure the air conditioner is debris free.
5. Sunshine cleaning: Clean the laundry room. Clean the washing machine while youRre at it by running an empty load on hot - with a cup of chlorine bleach.
6. Ducts redux: Clean dryer ducts. Many home fires each year are caused by lint accumulating in dryer ducts.
7. No excuses: Clean the grill so you have no reason not to cook outside.
8. Power play: Power wash the patio and/or deck. Seal the wood, if necessary.
9. Taking sides: Clean the siding of your house with a hose. Wash off cobwebs, dirt, etc.
10. Nitty gritty: Mold or mildew on the walls? Scrub it off with a solution of diluted chlorine bleach, water and laundry detergent.