- 15 minute Bathroom Cleaning Checklist
- Ordered House Cleaning Checklist
- Household Chores Checklist
- How to Clean an Apartment - Checklist
- Using Checklists for Your Household Cleaning
| Home Tools and Checklists Cleaning Checklists Spring Cleaning Checklist
Cleaning ChecklistsSpring Cleaning Checklist
It can be difficult to get motivated to tackle deep cleaning projects. A spring cleaning checklist may be just what you need to clear out the clutter and get your home spic and span. Here is a list to get you started:
1. Clutter - There is no time like now to tackle the clutter. With a little organization, this cumbersome task can become more manageable.
You will need three boxes. One box should be labeled "donate". Keep a clipboard handy to jot down the items as you add them to the box. This will help you keep an inventory of these items so that you can claim their donation to a local charity as a deduction at tax time.
Label another box "trash". These are items that are no longer useful, nor are they in good enough condition to donate. Before taking this box to the curb, make sure to pull out any items that can be recycled.
Finally, have an extra box for items that you want to keep, but for one reason or another, these items ended up in the wrong room. As you finish an area, empty this box by placing items in their correct location.
After you have taken care of the clutter, the rest of your list should go along fairly quickly...
2. Dusting - Dust your furniture. As you remove your knick knacks and collectibles, dust them off and put them in a box. Once the items on your spring cleaning checklist are finished, you can replace these items.
3. Windows - Take down your curtains and either throw them in the wash or drop them off at the dry cleaners. Wipe down your blinds and windowsills. To clean your windows, mix equal parts of white vinegar to hot water for a cleaning solution that is sure to cut through the grime. Don't forget to also wipe down the screens.
4. Walls - While the curtains are pulled down, now is a good time to clean the walls. Use a damp rag attached to a broom stick to pull down any cobwebs lurking in the corners. Wipe down the trimwork, around the switchplates, and any other areas where dust and fingerprints have left a mark. Also, make sure you wipe off any wall or ceiling mounted light fixtures, replacing any light bulbs that have burned out.
5. Bedding and Rugs - Just as you did with the curtains, either throw these in the wash, or if necessary, drop them off at the cleaners.
6. Flooring - Different flooring surfaces require different care, based on the manufacturer's recommendations. For example, now is a good time to use a steam cleaner to deep clean carpeted surfaces. Hard flooring surfaces may require a fresh coat of wax or sealer.
7. Other - Don't forget to clean other fixtures. Following the manufacturers' recommendations, deep clean your stove, dishwasher, microwave oven and fridge. In the bathroom, deep clean the vanity, toilet, bathtub and shower.
Once everything on your spring cleaning checklist is done, the curtains can be rehung, the beds made, and the decorative accessories replaced. The only thing left to do now is to go out and enjoy the beautiful spring weather!