- Effective Time Management Methods
- A Dozen Time Management Do's & Don'ts
- Getting Things Done
- Control In Time Management
- Time Management for Beginners
| Home Time Management The Organized Time Manager Choose Your Cruising Speed For Productive Time Management
Time ManagerChoose Your Cruising Speed For Productive Time Management
When offering shore excursions, many cruise planners tell travelers to base their selection on how strenuous the activity may be. This can be a good strategy for office time management, too.
In preparation for your upcoming cruise, please choose among the available excursions for each of your stops. The icons will indicate the level of activity required for each one:
3) Most strenuous - Scheduling projects in advance of deadlines, following up with project participants, and creating your own ideas and solutions for future company growth in addition to keeping up with daily work flow. (You are physically
fit.) When you succeed at this level, you've worked hard, with significant results, but, if you've been operating in an organized state, you end the day feeling energized rather than drained and stressed.
How can you build up your office organizing skills so that you can choose to operate from the most strenuous level when you want to, being extremely productive while still wrapping up a day feeling motivated and energized? The following steps will help you to achieve this:
1) Start with your desk area. Choose one system that lets you operate from a clear space with your daily work prioritized. A basic tickler file, with the days of the month, is one way to help you achieve this by giving you a place to put the work you need to do today, tomorrow, and next week.
2) Group daily activities like email, returning phone calls, paying bills, and filing so that you can perform like tasks together. When you focus on one type of activity at a time, you are four times more productive.
3) Set aside a block of time each day where you focus on the projects that require concentration, the ones that really affect the bottom line of your company.
When you enter an organized area each morning, with your work already prioritized so that no upcoming deadlines are overlooked, you start out energized. You have achieved a level of organizing fitness that allows you to handle the strenuous activities of your department or company without the stress of overexertion.
How do you want to cruise through this year?