- Avoid Being Blindsided by Notebook Checks
- Schools for Children with Social Difficulties
- How to Achieve Success in School
- How to Get Your Child to Love Reading
- Organized for a New School Year
| Home Schooling and Education The Organized Grade-Schooler How to Prepare for Tests and Guarantee an A
Grade SchoolHow to Prepare for Tests and Guarantee an A
OK. Parents among us know that, A's are no guarantee. But by applying these tips, high grades can be a reality.
These five tips will help you get A's. Read each tip carefully an start applying them today.
1. Create a timeline. Once you determine the day of the test work backwards. Budget a specific amount of time every day. Consider other homework, projects and time needed to study for other classes as you create your schedule.
2. Review a little each night. Do not wait until a test is announced to begin preparing for your test. Consider what would be easier – reviewing for 5-10 minutes a night or cramming for three hours the night before a test and only remembering a fraction of what you studied?
3. Don't just re-read notes or the text. Ask questions. Create flash-cards. Redo assignments. Create time-lines. Play games. Re-write your notes. Get someone to quiz you. Find websites online that review the same material. Make up questions that you think will be on the test. Create new outlines of the material by writing some specific topics and filling in the details from memory. Studying should be an active process, not just time spent re-reading something.
4. Ask the teacher what the format for the test will be. Will it contain multiple choice, true-false, short answer, essay, diagrams, graphs, equations, etc.? Will any information such as a periodic table or equations be provided for you on the day of the test? Do you need to bring a calculator?
5. Visit your teacher or tutor for extra help. Bring questions that you may have or ask for ideas regarding the best way to study for a particular assessment.
Go to www.live-etutor.com to learn more about online tutoring and watch a virtual tour inside of our online classroom. All tutors are screened, qualified and ready to help your child get better grades!