- How Do I Start a Workout Program?
- 20 Little Known Organizing Secrets Used by Professional Organizers
- 12 Ways To Maximize Time And Life
- 10 Secrets of Success
- 10 Simple Daily Affirmations
| Home Organize Your Wellness The Organized Goal-Setting 8 Steps To Making Your Dreams a Reality
Keeping Motivated8 Steps To Making Your Dreams a Reality
Making your dreams come true is as much about the Why as it is the dream itself. Set and list your goals, mark some that are more important than others - then stay focused on the target. With a little work, your goals - and dreams - can come true.
8 Steps To Making Your Dreams A Reality
Here's how you can set goals and stay focused on the WHY:
1. Get out a clean sheet of paper. On the top write "Things I would do with extra money." Then set a timer (if you have one) for 3 minutes. In that time write down as many things as occur to you. Don't evaluate them, just write them down.
2. Next, go back and put a "*" by the four or five that are most important to you.
3. Now, get out a piece of paper and write at the top this statement "I am starting my own business and I will work through the adversities so that I can." Then on the paper list the 4 or 5 things you want to do with the money from your business.
4. In the space provided, put a dollar figure by each one of those five (if applicable).
Maybe your goals are more family oriented-"Spend more time with my children and less time working"-how much income will you need to accomplish that?
5. Next, write out the reason why you want to accomplish each of those goals: "I want to ___________ so that I can _____________."
6. Take that paper and post it where you can see it while you are working at your computer.
7. Recopy your goals onto 3 or 4 index cards and place them where you will see them several times each day-a mirror in your bathroom, on your dashboard, at your desk at work. It is important that you place them where you will see them OFTEN. Get pictures of the things you want to buy and do. If you want to send your kids to Harvard, get the school emblem and put it everywhere. Get pictures of the car you want to buy.
8. Keep your "next step" in front of you at all times. Remember that you can only do one thing at a time, so focus on the next "baby-step" you need to succeed.
Kevin Bidwell is owner of http://www.all-in-one-business.com. Kevin just finished a complete report on building a passive income. Grab your copy here: http://www.All-In-One-Business.com/passive