- Pond and Aquarium Filtration UV lamps and UVC bulbs
- Choose cureUV for UV Surface Disinfection and UV Air Purification Products !
- Easy homemade soft scrub recipe
- Disinfect any surface within 10 seconds
- Eco-friendly soft scrub recipe
| Home Organize Your Home The Organized Clean Eco-friendly soft scrub recipe
Cleaning SolutionsEco-friendly soft scrub recipe
Here is an eco-friendly alternative 'soft scrub' cleaner.
Ideal usage - getting rid of dirt build up bathtubs, tiles, sinks, glass shower doors and sinks.
What you'll need:
Saucepan * if you are using a bar of castile soap
2 cups Water
4 tbl Castile liquid soap or 1/3rd of a bar grated
Baking Soda (enough to form a paste)
1 tbl Salt (only add if you want to create an abrasive cleaner)
5 drops Essential oil *Optional
Jar with a tightly closing lid for storage and to prevent drying out.
1. Add the grated bar of soap to a pan with 2 cups of water on a gentle heat until soap has melted. The mixture will appear to be a 'soupy' consistency.
If you are using liquid soap - add water to the soap and mix well till dissolved.
2. Add bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) to the soap mixture until you form a thick paste.
3. Add essential oil *optional to give your cleaning formula a fresh scent. Tea tree or peppermint oils are great to try.
4. Now you can the salt. This is what will give you an abrasive soap scrub. The friction of the particles will help lift grime off surfaces but it may also scratch delicate surfaces. leave out of the recipe if you will be using it on delicate surfaces or test in an inconspicuous area of the surface you will be cleaning to be safe.
5. Store mixture in a tightly sealing jar.
Use: Apply a small amount to a soft cloth or sponge. Rub gently against the stained surface and wipe or rinse clean.