Two minutes, 10 tips. Are you ready to reduce your clutter, rearrange your space or get a quick to-do done? Tackle more tasks in less time with focus and perseverance. Use this short list and get started on common to-dos around the house.
Have an extra minute or two to spare? Use it to reduce your clutter, rearrange your space or get a quick to-do done. Here are 10 organizing tasks you can do in two minutes.
- Weed out 5 file folders. While weeding out your entire filing system can seem overwhelming, anyone can weed out just 5 file folders. You won't even break a sweat!
- Sort your mail pile. Make 4 small piles out of your one big pile: To Toss, To Do, To File, To Give Away. Your mail will be much easier to handle when you have it properly sorted.
- Delete 20. If your email inbox is overflowing, it's definitely time to start cleaning it out. Go through your email and delete at least 20 that are cluttering up your in box.
- Pick it up. Go into one room with a large, empty hamper. Pick up every item you have that is currently out of place. As soon as you have another two minutes, use that time to put these things back in their assigned homes.
- Corral your plastic containers. Corral all of your plastic containers. Have too many? Get rid of a bunch.
Match up lids and containers so you don't have to search through the pile when you need one.
- Make an appointment. Have you been putting off making a haircut appointment for yourself, a veterinary appointment for your pet or a review appointment with your insurance agent? Use two minutes to make that appointment, and check that task off on your to do list.
- Unload the dishwasher. It only takes a few minutes, and your dishwasher will be ready to clean the next load of dishes.
- Write out a few checks. If you can never bring yourself to pay all of your pending bills in one sitting, do one or two at a time--while you're waiting for water to boil or when you're on telephone hold.
- Unify your clothes closet. Put all shirts together in one section, all pants in another, all dressy clothes in another and so on. Have another two minutes? Put in a few hooks to hold belts and purses.
- File photos. Even if you have boxes of photos yet to be sorted, if you just spend two minutes each night sorting them into a categorized photo box, the job will get accomplished before you know it.