Quick. Define your perfect bathroom. Glamorous, glorious or gleaming don't always come to mind. Impress your friends - and yourself - by putting a few details into your home's bathroom.
Have you ever had a dirty bathroom or gone into someone elses home with a dirty bathroom? Or when you've filled the gas tank of your car and gone into the service station's filthy bathroom, what did you do? We've all experienced these things from time to time and it really is distressing, isn't it?
Bathrooms have come a long way. Today they are considered luxurious and most people want bathrooms like hotels and that means glamorous! Everybody loves a good bath or shower and everybody loves those big fluffy towels. A great bathroom makes us feel great about ourselves! With all of that in mind in how we feel about bathrooms, it goes without saying that everybody loves a clean and gleaming bathroom. I hope the following information is of help to you in taking your bathroom to the next level.
In taking the best baths or showers, here are some of the products that should be in your bathroom.
Moisturizing soap/body wash A good soap or cream applied to the skin can counter dryness. Exposure to all kinds of weather from dry winters to blazing sun can relieve your skin of its natural oils so it is important that you have a good moisturizing soap or body wash when you take a bath.
Aroma therapy oils Lavender is one of the best aroma therapy oils to include in your bath. It is used for treating wounds, enhancing memory and aiding sleep by combating anxiety and insomnia. Some other popular scents include eucalyptus, rose, jasmine and bergamot. Aroma therapy oils are relaxing and they help us to relax.
Body buff This is used to slough off those dead skin cells. You will enjoy the feeling of a new, clean and smooth skin. When taking baths or showers, our bodies are soaked in water, which makes the exfoliating process so much easier.
Candles Whether you take your bath at the start of your day or the end of the day, it really sets the mood to light a few candles and then slip slowly into the warm, inviting water. The soft glow and fresh scent of your candle will help you to relax and unwind as no other.
Now that you know how to create a most relaxing atmosphere as you prepare for your bath or shower,here are tips on keeping your bathroom a place you enjoy. I personally enjoy cleaning my bathroom and will tell you why later on.
1. You'll need bathroom-cleansers. You can get one that is a spray all purpose cleaner that isn't abrasive for bathrooms tubs and tiles. You'll need a mirror cleaner if you want to avoid streaks. I always get a separate toilet bowl cleaner. Plus cleaning items such as sponges, mops or the items that you like to use.
2. Spray the shower and tub with the tub and tile cleaner and wipe sparkling clean.
3. Pour cleaner into the toilet bowl. While that is working and smelling good, I clean the outside of the toilet with an anti-bacterial cleaner. If you clean your toilet once a week, it will never become a big job. However, you know how much use your toilet gets; if it requires more than once a week, clean it.
4. Clean mirrors, chrome, bathroom scale, and light fixtures with glass cleaner. Never interchange cleaners. There's a big difference with cleansers and mirror cleaners. So take note and be careful.
5. Vacuum everything! This will remove dust and hair that is so hard to get up when surfaces are wet.
6. Empty and clean the wastepaper basket.
7. Clean the sink, countertop and whatever else needs cleaning in your bathroom.
8. Scrub the floor with your cleanser. There are many types of mops, sponges, etc. to use. Choose the types that you enjoy using for the job.
With these tips, you are on your way to the best bath experience. Because taking a bath is more than just taking a bath!
I mentioned earlier that I would share my additional ideas of keeping a bathroom looking great. After a shower or bath, I immediately clean it. It is so quick to clean when it never gets dirty in the first place. The bonus is that when my husband goes to use the shower, it always looks terrific and he loves it and so do I! I clean the sink and counter each day so it always looks gorgeous and it's done in seconds because it never gets dirty. A simple and quick tip is each time you finish using the taps, take your towel and give it a quick swipe and your counter too. They will always look shiny and clean with little effort. Get the idea? It is far easier to keep things clean, neat and tidy than it is to make a mess. And it lifts your spirits and everyone else that uses the bathroom with you. I even get dressed and put on my make-up and my husband shaves in a gorgeous bathroom all of the time - how would that make you feel? Pretty special!
I had guests over using the main bathroom and I was told, they love coming to our home because they feel like they're in a hotel. The bathroom is immaculate and I keep it clean each day while my guests are here and I also change the towels. I do it when they're not looking and they love it. One guest forgot their toothbrush and asked me for one, fully expecting me not to have it, but I went to our bathroom and came back with a great looking new toothbrush in a wrapper and they were shocked - and they loved it!
If you have children, teach them to clean up after themselves. Teach them your new-found tips and tricks so they learn to love clean, neat and tidy things. Think how their husbands or wives will love them for it in the future. They will all thank you. Don't faint, but when I'm a guest in someone else's house, I clean the bathroom before I leave. I make sure they don't see me doing it, but I'll bet you they love it.
For those who enjoy a clean home, may I suggest you take the work out of cleaning and start having fun with it because then it becomes a pleasure and the rewards are endless! Remember, it's easier to be clean than messy and it is always easier to find minutes than hours. Put it to the test and you will see.
By: Sintilia Miecevole
www.ofbathrooms.combathroomswww.ofbathrooms.combathroom decor and more