- Effective Paper Management
- Paper Organizers
- Conquer Your Reading Pile
- Organize Paper Clutter
- Shredding: What, Why And How
| Home Office & Home Office The Organized Papers The 5 Things To Have Ready BEFORE You Look For Health Insurance
PapersThe 5 Things To Have Ready BEFORE You Look For Health Insurance
Trying to find individual health insurance can be a real painólong forms, confusing terms, and the same information repeated over and over. However, much as it pays to be a little organized before you pull together your taxes, a little prep work can make looking for health insurance much, much easier. Pull this data together for you and whoever else will be getting coverage before you look online or visit a broker:
1) Basic data. You probably donít find it hard to remember your own address and Social Security number, but if you are filling out an application for others or letting a broker handle it this data can be handy.
2) Current insurance info. Gather all the information about your current provider, including their name, address, and phone number; your policy number; and how long youíve had the coverage.
3) Past insurance info. Some applications require information for the provider before your current one as well.
4) Your medical records. If
youíre lucky your medical provider has this online. If youíre not
lucky, like most people, you can try using a free service such as
5) Immunization records. If this isnít included in your list of medical visits already, make a note of the immunizations you and other covered members have had.
Getting all this information together can definitely be daunting, but once itís in place youíll find that it makes the process of applying for insurance policies a lot easier. Good luck!
-- Written by Tomer Shoval, CEO of free health care management site Simplee. Visit Simplee to understand, track, and manage your health care expenses today.