Try these delicious cookies that are great for holiday parties, freezing and as a special treat for teatime.
½ cup Confectioners Sugar
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 cup Butter – unsalted, room temperature
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
½ cup Pecans - chopped
Extra 1 ½ cups of confectioners sugar for coating
1. Cream sugar, salt and butter together with an electric mixer.
2. Add vanilla to the creamed mixture.
3. Stir in flour and pecans gradually till blended.
4. Cover and chill dough for up to an hour, to make forming the mixture into balls easier.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Form dough into balls by rolling about 1tsp of cookie dough at a time into a ball between floured palms. Place balls on a non-stick cookie sheet an inch apart.
7. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
8. In 2 shallow dishes place ¾ cup of confectioner’s sugar into each dish. While balls are still warm roll in sugar in the first dish and coat completely. Place onto a sheet and allow to cool slightly on wire racks. Once cooled, re-roll balls in the 2nd dish of confectioner’s sugar. Use fresh sugar for the second rolling as the 1st dish of sugar will become lumpy from the first rolling of hot cookies.
This recipe makes approx 5 dozen cookies
Tip: the next time you make these cookies why not try substituting the pecans for almonds or walnuts.