- Create Serenity
- Transforming from Chaos to Calm
- Cut the Clutter, Jump for Joy
- Declutter Your Mind
- How to Find the Energy To Declutter
| Home Clutter The Organized Zen 5 Tips for Finding the Energy To Declutter
Creating Calm5 Tips for Finding the Energy To Declutter
Getting organized often loses steam at the first step. Instead, take a deep breath, match your circadian rhythm to meet the challenge, put on some good music, and declutter your space.
Does the thought of getting organized sap your energy? It doesn't have to. Here are 5 energizing ideas.
1. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. Getting overwhelmed just looking at the clutter is one of the greatest excuses not to start. Take a deep breath and focus on one small area. Once that area is done, there will be plenty of time for the rest.
4. EAT HEALTHY, GET ENOUGH REST. Not eating nutritious meals regularly, and/or not sleeping enough, both highly contribute to feeling sluggish and disoriented. Most people need 3 nutritious meals per day (stay away from foods that can make you sleepy such as white flour and sugar), and require at least 7 hours of sleep or more per night. You may be amazed at how much more you can get done if you adjust these two areas.
5. MEGA MUSIC. Listening to cheery, upbeat music when you're organizing can really get you moving, and keep you alert. Don't play it so loud so that it's a distraction. Keep it at an enjoyable, background level.